This is a unique area of law in which Mahoneys has specialist skills, its professional staff having practised extensively in that field for many years.
Please visit MRAS (Management Rights Advisory Service) for full details of the services
we provide and to access much more information about management rights generally.
We have acted for managers in the purchase or sale of management rights or the granting of further options or renewals of management rights in
several thousands of buildings or transactions throughout Queensland and New South Wales.
John Mahoney has represented the Australian Resident Accommodation Managers Association (ARAMA) and the industry generally for some 25
years. He represented the industry in negotiations with the state and federal governments on every significant piece of legislation during that
time and was responsible for the development of key parts of the legislation.
Although a much more detailed list of the services we provide in this area can be found at the Management Rights Advisory Service website referred
to above, the following indicates the types of services we do provide:
- Acting in the sale and purchase of management rights;
- Developing strategies to approach bodies corporate to secure new agreements or additional options;
- Attending and addressing body corporate meetings;
- Dispute resolution – refer to the separate heading in this website in that regard;
- Preparing letting appointments or special conditions for these; and
- General advice and assistance on all management rights issues.