Antony is a partner of Mahoneys, leading a team that specialises in commercial and corporate law, commercial property, and estate planning and succession.
Antony has over 20 years’ experience dealing with a broad range of legal issues affecting small and large businesses and high wealth individuals.
Antony’s focus is on his clients achieving results. He prides himself on taking the time to understand his client’s business, enabling him to work
together with them to obtain their desired outcome within legal and commercial ambits. His contribution to his clients businesses is best described
by clients, who are impressed by his “efficient and expert completion” of complex commercial matters. As one client put it, “Antony knows more
about my business than I do”.
Antony also prefers plain English drafting of both advices to clients and legal documents so that everyone understands the transaction, not just lawyers.
Antony holds a bachelor of laws and a bachelor of commerce (accounting). He was admitted as a barrister and solicitor in New Zealand in 1997 and
as a solicitor in Queensland and to the Australian High Court in 1998.
Experience and services
Antony’s areas of expertise include:
- Corporate, Commercial and Succession
- Implementing and advising on corporate and business structures including shareholder, partnership, unit holder and joint venture agreements
- Undertaking corporate governance review;
- Medical practice advice;
- Personal structuring including entity establishment, restructuring and estate planning
- Share raising advice and structuring including employee share schemes;
- Supply agreements
- Franchising agreements
- Employment agreements
- Share sale and purchase agreements
- Property and Business
- Leasing - retail and commercial
- Business sales and purchases - from multinational organisations to small retail shops
- Rural property purchases and sales
- Property development including drafting and implementation of development and joint venture agreements
Some of the projects Antony has been involved with include:
- The acquisition, development, sale and leasing of the >$90M Logan Mega Centre site on Pacific Highway;
- Operation and sale of Mercedes-Benz and Mazda dealerships;
- Share sale agreements involving the sale of >$40M businesses to ASX listed companies;
- Restructure of a major agribusiness;
- Operation and sale of Daydream Island; and
- Corporate governance review of a major national not for profit group.