Vanessa is a senior associate at Mahoney’s working predominantly with John Mahoney in the areas of management rights, property development, commercial
property transactions and business sales and acquisitions.
Vanessa believes it is important to get things right from the start so she can assist clients to meet their objectives in their particular situation.
Once she has this understanding then she will deliver comprehensive and easily understood advice throughout the process despite the often complicated
legal and regulatory aspects of any commercial transaction.
Vanessa holds a Bachelor of Laws from the Queensland University of Technology that she completed in 2004. She also completed her Graduate Diploma of
Legal Practice at the Queensland University of Technology in 2005.
Vanessa’s areas of practice include:
- Management rights acquisitions and disposals
- Commercial, industrial and retail leasing
- Advice on all legal aspects of commercial and residential property development
- Variations and Extensions of management rights agreements
- Drafting and negotiation of new management rights agreements
- Residential and commercial property acquisition and disposal
- Business acquisitions and disposals
- Franchising – acting for both franchisee’s and franchisor’s
Vanessa has recently acted for and advised on:
- Multi-million dollar sale of a management rights and leasehold hotel portfolio;
- Complicated acquisition of the freehold and leasehold interests in a childcare center;
- Acquisition of franchised and non-franchised coffee shops;
- Significant off the plan management rights procurements.